Jan 15, 2023
In this episode, Daryl and Scott talk to a Senior Program
Manager at Microsoft, Nathan Helgren, about the Virtual Tables.
Some of the highlights:
- Nathan's 25 years at MS
- What are Virtual Tables (VT)?
- Difference between a Connector and a VT
- Create virtual tables using the virtual connector provider
- Virtual Dad Jokes abound
- Virtualize all the things?
- Building Power Apps using 100% virtual tables
- What are the VT Limits?
- No Audit functionality
- No Rollup or Joins between VT
- How VT security works
- GUID column is still a hard requirement for VT
- Query through TDS endpoint from SQL VT
- Benefits of pulling through data in real-time in VT
- Making more data sources available for the virtual connector
- Reasons to re-visit VT again for those who have used it long
Nathan's Info and other links:
Got questions? Have your own tool you’d like to share? Have a
suggestion for a future episode? Contact Daryl and Scott at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on LinkedIn and @XrmToolCast for updates on future episodes.
Do you want to see us too? Subscribe to our YouTube channel to view the last
episodes. Don't forget to rate and leave a review for this
show at Podchaser.
Daryl LaBar: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daryllabar |
Scott Durow: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottdurow |
Editor: Linn Zaw Win: https://www.linkedin.com/in/linnzawwin